Over the course of the past week, Disney has dropped tons of details about their new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The land is coming to both Disney World and Disneyland this year. Details about cast member costumes, food and drink offerings, opening dates, and more have been announced. Here is everything we know about whats to come in the new land:
Opening Dates and Details
- Galaxy’s Edge is set to open May 21 at Disneyland and August 29 at Disney World.
- Guests who wish to visit the land in DL between May 21 – June 23 will be required to already have a park ticket and make a no cost reservation in order to control crowds. There is no doubt that the reservations will be hard to come by, as they are limited. Guests staying at any of the three Disneyland resorts during this time frame will have a designated reservation time to visit the land. Guests will only be allotted one reservation per person.
- Disney World, as of now, will not follow this advanced reservation policy. Capacity will, however, be limited.
- At the open of both lands, the only attraction that will be open and operating in the land will be Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. The second attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be opening at a date later in the year on both coasts.
- There will be no Fastpass+ reservation opportunities available at WDW or DL for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run upon opening.
- Galaxy’s Edge will not be open or available during Extra Magic Hours or Magic Morning at Disneyland. As of right now, WDW plans to keep the land open in Hollywood Studios during Extra Magic Hours upon opening.
- Below are some concept art photos of Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance as provided by D23.
Cast Member Costumes
- WDW cast members were invited to an exclusive event where they were introduced to the costumes that will be used in the land.
- There will be unique name tags/badges worn by cast members that are far different than the classic white badges worn by CM’s around the park.
- The costumes look very layered, heavy, and are created with dark colors. Most costumes include long sleeves and jackets or vests. However, costume ambassadors claim that breathability and the extreme summer temperatures were taken into consideration when creating the costumes.
- Photo’s of the costumes released by Disney can be found below.
Food and Beverage
- Food service options in the land will consist of Oga’s Cantina, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Ronto Roasters, Milk Stand and Kat Saka’s Kettle.
- Oga’s Cantina will be a very immersive dining experience that most guests are looking forward to. The restaurant will serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as meals for both lunch and dinner. This will be the first ever restaurant in Dinseyland park to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo will be another immersive restaurant in the land. This restaurant is described as “fast-casual”, which I’m assuming means a quick-service restaurant. Non-alcoholic beverages as well as lunch and dinner meal options will be served.
- Ronto Roasters seems to be another quick-service restaurant that will serve barbecue style sandwiches and other finger foods for lunch and dinner.
- Milk Stand will be a vendor where Disney Imagineers worked hand-in-hand with Lucasfilm to create the iconic blue milk Star Wars drink. The drink will be plant-based to accommodate dietary restrictions. There isn’t much more information on this vendor as of yet.
- Kat Saka’s Kettle will be a stand in the land where guests can find various flavors of popcorn.
- No reservations will be taken for any of the dining experiences in the land.
- The Disney Dining Plan will not be accepted for any food or beverage items at any vendor in the land.
- Below are some photos of various food and beverage items as provided by D23.
- There will be plenty immersive merchandise locations in Galaxy’s Edge. Guests will be able to build driods, create lightsabers, and purchase their own Jedi costumes and apparel.
- Droid Depot will allow guests to create BB-series or R-series droids. The driod’s will be able to interact with elements in the land and respond to guests behaviors. There will also be pre-built droid’s available for purchase.
- Savi’s Workshop will allow guests to build their own “high quality” lightsaber. Guests will be guided through the process, and will get to chose from a variety of options.
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiques will be a merchandise location where guests can find items from different Star Wars stories. An anamatronic Dok will be at a desk in the merchandise location interacting with the surroundings.
- The Creature Stall will have various plush creatures available for purchase including pogs, wampas, and more.
- Toydarian Toymaker will be another location guests can purchase plush characters from the series as well as wooden and tin toys and instruments.
- Guests who are a part of the resistance will be able to purchase apparel and accessories from Resistance Supply.
- Likewise, if you consider yourself a part of the first order, you will be able to pick up first order apparel and accessories at First Order Cargo.
- Other apparel and accessories will be available for purchase at Black Spire Outfitters.
- There has been no word or communication from Disney on whether guests will be able to wear the apparel they purchase from the shops in the land.
- Everything sold in Galaxy’s Edge was made specifically for the land, therefor will not be available for purchase outside of Galaxy’s Edge.
- Below are some photos of merchandise that will be available for purchase, as provided by D23.
And there you have it – all we know so far about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! I know personally I am thrilled for this land to open, and I cannot wait to experience it. However, with anticipation and all the hype will come heavy crowds – so, if you plan on visiting the parks to experience this land, be prepared for long waits to just get inside.
Are you excited for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open in Disneyland or Walt Disney World? Let me know down below! I’ll also leave some newly released concept art from Disney and D23 below. Be sure to subscribe to our blog so you’re notified when we post next. See ya real soon!