There’s currently a huge Youtube and blog trend about “my unpopular opinions”. My best friend, Emily, just recently posted one on her Youtube channel which got me thinking about my unpopular opinions! For today’s post, I thought it would be fun to “disneyfy” the popular trend by listing a few of my unpopular Disney opinions. So, here we go!
- Dole Whip is gross. Maybe it’s because I don’t like pineapple, but I really do not get the hype. I’d so much rather spend my money on regular soft serve ice cream or a bag of cotton candy.
- Children should not be allowed on parent’s shoulders during parades, fireworks, stage shows, etc. I completely get why parents do this. However, if as a society we become kind enough to let small children stand in front of us for parades and shows, or decide to all sit down (like they do in Tokyo Disneyland), then everyone could enjoy each show and this wouldn’t be an issue!
- I approve of the ticket price increases. In fact, I think prices should continue to increase or something else should be done to limit the crowds at WDW. Once Galaxy’s Edge opens, it’s going to be beyond unbearable to be in the parks. Ticket increases are the only way, in my opinion, the crowds will lower in size.
- Pandora- World of Avatar is overhyped. I mean, it is absolutely beautiful to see and experience. I love watching everything illuminate as it gets darker at night. And, Flight of Passage is truly the best WDW ride thus far. However, it’s still overhyped in my opinion. It’s never been something I’ve gone out of my way to see, or planned my vacation around!
- I enjoy the All Star resorts. I think it’s more of a nostalgic thing for me, but I really do enjoy all of the All Star resorts! If you’re heading to WDW on a budget and there is availability, these are a great option. Movies is, in my opinion, the best choice out of the three with Music being my least favorite – but each resort has something for everyone.
- There is too much of a Star Wars presence in the parks. I understand the licensing issues between WDW and UO, but I would so much rather see a Marvel presence than Star Wars. I get that Disney is trying to target a whole different audience, and I do love Star Wars, but it’s just too much.
- Walt Disney World is superior to Disneyland. Before heading to Disneyland, I always craved visiting and experiencing the land that had so much history behind it. I was captivated knowing that Walt worked hand-in-hand with imagineers to create this land where it all began. When I finally had the chance to go in 2016, I was elated. However, I feel like my entire visit was me saying to myself “Wait – this is it?” The intimacy of the parks might be appealing to most, but I absolutely prefer the grand scale of everything at WDW. Sure, a few of their rides are far better than our versions (specifically Small World, Pirates, and Space Mountain) – but those rides don’t make me love our versions and less. Maybe it’s because WDW is my home park and I’ve created so many magical memories here that I’ll cherish forever. I know very few people agree with my opinion, but I’ll absolutely choose WDW over DL any time!
There you have it! A few of my unpopular Disney opinions. Do you have any unpopular Disney opinions? Do you agree or disagree with any of mine? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading! Be sure to subscribe to our blog so you’re notified when we post next. We’ll see ya real soon 🙂